Monday, December 16, 2013

More Dunedin




Dunedin has beautiful architecture!
Dunedin's most famous building and the most photographed building in New Zealand is the train station.






Dunedin's most famous street is Baldwin Street, a street named as the "Steepest Street in the World" by Mr. Guinness himself.



 Spencer ran all the way to the top and back again.







Cadbury has a chocolate factory in Dunedin, and once a year they roll candy down Baldwin Street.  The candy is the red candy in James' mouth, a Jaffa.  They have a candy coating and chocolate in the middle.  I guess kids in New Zealand used to roll Jaffas down the aisle at the movie theater when they had wooden floors.  Cadbury sponsors the Jaffa roll down Baldwin Street with numbered Jaffas and you can win a prize. It is for charity.
Hope eating her Jaffa.

Dunedin was founded by Scots, and the center of town is called the Octagon.  Mr. Robert Burns sits in the center of town. I may not be a Scot by birthright, but my high school mascot are the Scots.  I'm quite proud of my high school Scottish heritage, and every good Scot knows Robert Burns is a famous Scottish poet.

 Looking toward the train station from the Octagon.


 Spencer in the Octagon with the Christmas tree.   I may be partial to Scottish things, but I really loved Dunedin.

No comments: